- Procter, R., Vis, F. and Voss, A. (in press). Reading the
riots on Twitter: methodological innovation for the analysis of big data. International Journal of Social Research Methodology, Special
Issue on Computational Social Science: Research Strategies, Design &
- Procter, R., Vis, F., Voss, A., Cantijoch, M. and Manyukhina, Y. (2102). #riotcleanup – Reading the Riots on Twitter. Internet, Politics, Policy 2012: Big Data, Big Challenges? Oxford, September.
- Procter, R., Vis, F., Voss, A. (2012). Policing and crisis communications: Reading the Riots on Twitter and beyond. The RC33 8th International Conference on Social Science Methodology. Sydney, July.
- Black, W.J., Procter, R., Gray, S., Ananiadou, S. (2012). A data and analysis resource for an experiment in text mining a collection of micro-blogs on a political topic. Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation. Istanbul.
- Procter, R., Crump, J., Voss, A., Karstedt, S. and Cantijoch, M. (in press). Reading the riots: What were the Police Doing on Twitter. Policing and Society, special issue on Policing and Cybercrime.
- Thelwall, M., & Buckley, K. (in press). Topic-based sentiment analysis for the Social Web: The role of mood and issue-related words. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology.